Subject: Re: new category
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/06/2002 17:24:54
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:18:35PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Todd Gruhns Acct wrote:
> > Sounds good to me. I noticed last night, that there is a Japanese catagory --
> > so really you'd just be changing it's name, and adding to it...
> > (Think of it as generalizing the "Japanese class")...
>
> *I* wouldn't make it more general, as it already contains a bootload of
> pkgs.

Since this topic insists on rearing its head once again:

Personally, I think generalising the category is the right way to go.
It takes away the "stigma" of not having a specific category for your
own region, or the "kudos" of having a specific category for your own
region.

*I* don't care whose shoes are used to measure the number of packages -
to me that's a secondary issue.

Regards,
Alistair