Subject: Re: vim and ncurses
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/06/2002 08:20:04
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:05:09AM +0200, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>
> > Can you post the full error from the config.log?  I'm interested in the next
> > few lines after this one that usually states the contents of conftest.c and
> > the actual error messages given by the linker.
>
> configure:6195: checking size of int
> configure:6214: cc -o conftest -I/usr/pkgsrc/editors/vim/work/.buildlink/include
>  -O2 -m68040 -I/usr/pkgsrc/editors/vim/work/.buildlink/include  -L/usr/pkgsrc/ed
> itors/vim/work/.buildlink/lib  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c  -
> lncurses 1>&5

This one is definitely my fault.  I just noticed that this was a problem on
a mac68k, which is still an a.out platform.  bsd.buildlink.mk does some, uh,
"interesting", things to deal with ncurses/curses on a newer system, but it's
breaking due to the way that vim finds out which ncurses package to use.
I'll handle this PR since I'm familiar with the solution.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>