Subject: Re: Request new category
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2002 22:23:25
> We don't, and have never, supported using pkgsrc in a piecemeal way.
>
> A category is NOT a cvs module, and should not be thought of in that way.
>
> There are often dependencies on other packages in different parts of the tree,
> which preclude our simply checking out one category.

Sorry, I am not a pkgsrc expert. ;) And I am glad to know this.
BTW, how do you feel my previous suggestion about XIM servers?
They are important parts of CJK world. Without them, the i18n for us
is still broken. :( I have saw 'kinput2' in japanese category.
Where should we put 'xcin' in? Still in misc?

Regards,
-rxg