Subject: Re: Request new category
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Shell, Hin-lik Hung <shell@shellhung.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2002 07:44:35
Hi,

> I know there was a call for a chinese category some time ago, and
> the same answer was given - are there a substantial number of
> packages which would fall into the new category?
If the answer is depends on the number of packages in the category,
looking at pkgsrc/parallel and pkgsrc/ham, these category only got
4 pkgs.., nevertheless, do a search on current PR with keyword
'chinese', we got 5 new pkgs, is it fulfill the requirement ?

There're numbers of utils/tools is useful, some of them is more easy
and better to categorise in Chinese, for example, some Chinese
dictionary, of course, they're somewhat related to textproc. Why
can't categories in 'chinese textproc'.. :-)

AFAIK, there're few ppls in HK uses NetBSD, most of them uses for
only server or just for fun, because they need Chinese, however,
they can't found any Chinese specified software from the pkg system.
That's why, I like NetBSD, and NetBSD have i18n supported, as I am
a Chinese, I think I can also contribute to this area for NetBSD.

--
Best Regards,
Shell Hung