Subject: Re: Request new category
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/04/2002 23:05:47
On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 02:40:00PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> > Is it possible to place all of the Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russion,
> > <your favorite language>, etc. packages under one category?  I don't
> > think we want to create all of these top-level category directories for
> > things that, to me, aren't really good categories.  Any suggestions for a
> > good name for this global "locale-specific" directory?
>
> This seems a good idea, to me.
>
> However, if so, we have to consider ${PKGNAME}s of these packages. Is
> prefixing (like "ja-*") really a good solution?

Prefixing makes sense for packages like ja-less or ja-sed, where package
that already exists in another category is modified to support the language.
It wouldn't make sense for packages like chasen or kakasi, which are unique.

Still, any good suggestions for a category name?

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>