Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/samba
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/04/2002 08:43:54
[Reposted to tech-pkg@netbsd.org]

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 12:15:17AM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:

> WHATSNEW.txt contains a little more information.  Especially, revival
> of "share modes" parameter may obsolete needs of samba20 package.
> But I can't check it.

I intend to verify this and remove the samba20 package if the 2.2.3 release
offers a superset of the functionality from the 2.0.x releases.

> P.S.
> I want to change samba package about its lock directory since I heard
> that tdb files in lockdir shouldn't remove between system reboot from
> pepole Samba Users Group Japan.

In the 2.2.1 release, the announcement said that the default lock directory
moved from /var/lock/samba to /var/cache/samba on RH and Solaris because
/var/lock/samba might be cleaned at boot time, which implies that the TDB
files should persist across reboots.  Do you have any other information
regarding this as to why this is so?  Searching on Google didn't yield any
other useful information.

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>