Subject: mysql incomplete post-install script
To: None <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/31/2002 22:16:13
I'm not a fan of mysql. I don't even use it personnaly. But I had to
install it today on a prod machine I administer.

Well, out-of-the (pkgsrc)box, it doesn't run. A pain. Felt like on
a linux box :-(

Fixing is rather easy. (Sorry, I don't have INSTALL script here, to
exhibit a diff). Just a pair of post-insatll instrcutions.

1- add mysql user/group (like it was in the past for named, and recently
for ntpd), and give it ownership on /var/mysql

2- Issue an explanatory message on what to add to
rc.local, or better create an rc.script.

May I suggest it via send-pr ?