Subject: Re: list of make package on Mac OS X
To: BSD Packages <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@mac.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/23/2002 15:21:08
>'make package' was carried out on Mac OS X.
>
>Environment:
>   Mac OS X 10.1.2
>   Developer Tool of 10.1 CD
>   darwin-bootstrap-20011221.tar.gz
>   pkgsrc@20020118
>
>I want to also install XFree86 and try 'make package' next time(next month?).
>Is it better to put binary package on somewhere?   Is there any place where
>somewhere is good?
>
>The number of what was able to carry out 'make package' is 224.   Since
>this was 8% of only the whole, I very regretted it.   As long as the log
>was checked roughly, it may be that the circumference of 'libtool' or
>'gettext' is the cause.   I want to solve, although it is little-by-little.
>
># In my iBook, it took time very much(several days).   I'm glad if there
># is cooperation of those who can use G4 machine.
>
>thanks

I'd be willing to do this with my G4, but not until I get the bmake
build issue settled.  (See my previous posts.)  Once I have that
settled, I'm willing to build Darwin packages out of NetBSD's pkgsrc.
I would need help with any compilation issues though.
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us
NetBSD - I got it up and running!