Subject: Re: Announce: System Package support now in -current
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Joachim_K=F6nig-Baltes?= <Joachim.Koenig-Baltes@cms.tecmath.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/22/2002 12:41:55
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Joachim K=F6nig-Baltes wrote:
> But the user can also use the wrong script. I would prefer to set a varia=
ble
> in each of the packages (Makefile, +CONTENTS) marking it as "sys" or "pkg=
src"
> package and pkg_add etc. could figure out which PKG_DBDIR to take, if not
> told otherwise via command line.

I guess that'd make sense, to prevent user errors.=20

Maybe just encode a "@pkgtype foo" (foo =3D=3D nothing or "pkg", "syspkg",
"patch") into the pkg's +CONTENTS file (shouldn't be too hard), then
remand that pkg_add has a switch that says "only install this pkg if it's
of kind foo.

Jim, is something like this planned?

 - Hubert

--=20