Subject: Darwin/OS X Bootstrap Package
To: BSD Packages <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@mac.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/20/2002 23:30:19
I'm having a bit of trouble getting the Darwin Bootstrap package to
work.  Every time I run ./bootstrap I end up with a message at the
end relating to package missing or something along those lines.  I
tracked this to bmake not being made.  So I went in to the bmake
directory and attempted to make that with make, gmake, bmake, and
bsdmake.  All but bsdmake give me a Makefile line 29: *** missing
seperator error which I figure is not of importance since bsdmake
goes farther into the makefile until it encounters this error:
"makefile", line 76: Need an operator.  Rooting around in the
Makefile hasn't given me answers here so I call upon the experienced
ones here for help.

How do I the Darwin Bootstrap package working?  I'm on OS 10.1.2.
While I'm asking questions, do the latest versions of pkgsrc have the
Darwin patches or if they don't which version of pkgsrc should I have
to do NetBSD packages?  Thanks for any help.
--
Randy

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us
NetBSD - I got it up and running!