Subject: Netatalk 1.5.1 package ready for final testing
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David Rankin <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/16/2002 05:55:01
As per my previous letter to tech-pkg, I've collected a NetBSD package
for Netatalk 1.5.1 that is almost ready to put into CVS. (I'll send-pr
it once some or all of our patches get integrated and released in
Netatalk 1.5.2.) I've tested this package on NetBSD 1.5.2/Sparc, but
I still need others to test the following parts:

1> Authentication for papd
2> afpd/papd authentication on an a.out system
3> Testing on NetBSD 1.4.x systems (and preferably older systems too).

If someone wants to work on making the package work under Solaris
using the Zoularis package system, I'd love to get someone who can
test it and do any necessary changes to the package.

Is there a standard method for packages to put scripts into /etc/rc.d (or
should they even be doing so)? Working rc.d scripts are in the current
NetBSD package (and should be in Netatalk 1.5.2), installed in
/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d .

A tar file of the package is at
http://www.bohemians.lexington.ky.us/~drankin/netatalk.tar .

If you want to test it, please download the tar file, then email me
directly with any suggestions for improvement or complaints. Please
let me know if you are following it so that I can let you know when I
update the patch.

Thanks,
David
--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Christian, Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   "We're the technical experts. We were hired so that management could