Subject: Re: problems with xsane (scanning)
To: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@bicho.SynchroDS.COM>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/2002 19:55:42
On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 11:15:54AM -0800, Daniel Senderowicz wrote:
> Furthermore, I tried with another system running
> 1.4.2 that has the old SCSI kernel (non MI) with xsane and just
> exits elegantly saying that it couldn't find any device. Does
> anybody have any experience with sane? Is there any alternative
> to it? Thanks.
Well, all my experience with sane and NetBSD is rather old. I wrote
a backend SCSI driver for the scanner I had some (>3) years ago. Sane and
xsane worked just fine back then both on NetBSD i386 and alpha (with
SCSI scanners as that was the only thing supported at the time). This
was then with sane version 0.7x. Sane probably changed quite a lot
since then, and maybe not all for the better for NetBSD? It may be
worth trying an older sane version (as opposed to older NetBSD
kernel)?

Feico.