Subject: Re: KDE2.2.2+CUPS: Undefined symbol "__ti10KDEDModule"
To: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf@steinba.ch>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/2002 15:39:48
On Saturday 12 January 2002 12:23 pm, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> Hi,

Hello.

[...]

> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=libkded_kdeprintd:
>     file=/usr/pkg/lib/kde2/libkded_kdeprintd.la:
>     /usr/pkg/lib/kde2/libkded_kdeprintd.so: Undefined symbol
>     "__ti10KDEDModule" (reloc type = 1, symnum = 123)
> DCOP failure in app kded:
>    object 'kdeprintd' has no function 'print(QString,QStringList,bool)'

This is problem... I used to get this, but it then mysteriously disappeared.
I believe its something to do with a difference in the way that egcs 1.1.2
handles rtti and gcc 2.95.x (the officially supported version) does.

Its not too hard too workaround in that linking libkded_kdeprintd.so against
the module that defines __ti10KDEDModule (I forget which one it is) should
DTRT.

Nick