Subject: Re: KDE2.2.2+CUPS: Undefined symbol "__ti10KDEDModule"
To: Ingolf Steinbach <>
From: Nick Hudson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/2002 15:39:48
On Saturday 12 January 2002 12:23 pm, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> Hi,

> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=libkded_kdeprintd:
>     file=/usr/pkg/lib/kde2/
>     /usr/pkg/lib/kde2/ Undefined symbol
>     "__ti10KDEDModule" (reloc type = 1, symnum = 123)
> DCOP failure in app kded:
>    object 'kdeprintd' has no function 'print(QString,QStringList,bool)'

This is problem... I used to get this, but it then mysteriously disappeared.
I believe its something to do with a difference in the way that egcs 1.1.2
handles rtti and gcc 2.95.x (the officially supported version) does.

Its not too hard too workaround in that linking against
the module that defines __ti10KDEDModule (I forget which one it is) should