Subject: Re: problems with xsane (scanning)
To: None <daniel@bicho.SynchroDS.COM, feico@pasta.cs.uit.no, tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@bicho.SynchroDS.COM>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/11/2002 11:15:54
I re-compiled the kernel without the *ss* devices. Now the program
"sane-find-scanner" finds the scanner at /dev/uk0.  However xsane
as well as scanimage keep seg. faulting. I'm starting to suspect
that is not the MI kernel the problem but xsane. In fact an old
FAQ says that for OS versions >= 1.4.2 it is not necessary to remove
the ss devices. Furthermore, I tried with another system running
1.4.2 that has the old SCSI kernel (non MI) with xsane and just
exits elegantly saying that it couldn't find any device. Does
anybody have any experience with sane? Is there any alternative
to it? Thanks.

Dan