Subject: Netatalk 1.5.0 package ready for early testing
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David Rankin <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/10/2002 23:43:40
After several efforts and some advice(Thanks Alister), I have a package
for Netatalk 1.5.0 that's approaching being ready for prime time.
However, I still need some people to test things for me. I've done most
of my testing on NetBSD 1.5.2/Sparc, so I need the following items tested:

1> Someone who uses authentication for papd
2> Testing afpd/papd authentication on an a.out system
3> Testing on NetBSD 1.4.x systems (and preferably older systems too).

If someone wants to test the package under Solaris using the package,
that'd be nice too.

I've still got a bit to do before this package is ready for commitment.
I'll look at doing each as I can:
1> Patch things to allow config files under /etc without code going there
   too.
2> Submit Netatalk patches for the remaining older patch-?? files.
3> Handle copying/inserting startup code into /etc/rc.d and defaults into
   /etc/defaults/rc.conf (Any advice on how to handle this will be greatly
   appreciated.

A tar file of the package is at
http://www.bohemians.lexington.ky.us/~drankin/netatalk.tar .

If you want to test it, please download the tar file, then email me
directly with any suggestions for improvement or complaints. Please
let me know if you have downloaded it so that I can let you know when I
update the patch.

Thanks,
David
--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Christian, Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   "We're the technical experts. We were hired so that management could