Subject: problems with xsane (scanning)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@bicho.SynchroDS.COM>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/10/2002 16:41:32
Hi,

I'm not sure that this should be a PR or my own problem. I'm running
1.5.2 on a pmax. I built xsane-0.80 and sane-backends-1.0.5 without
any problems. However when I run either xsane or scanimage it quits
with a segmentation fault message and dumps the core. I did MAKEDEV
for /dev/ss0 (it's at SCSI address #4) and when I run "sane-find-scanner"
it comes back with:

   # Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
   # to a SCSI bus.  It will even find scanners that are not supported
   # at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that is connected to a
   # parallel, USB or other non-SCSI port.

   sane-find-scanner: found processor "HP C7670A 3925" at device /dev/ss0

Does anybody have any experience with these beasts? Thanks in
advance.

Dan