Subject: buildlink.mk in the wrong place?
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Amitai Schlair <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/09/2002 12:07:08
Buildlinking is performed against installed packages, but the buildlink
information is pulled directly from pkgsrc. This doesn't seem right to
me. Here's an example:
1) I install schmonzlib 1.0 from pkgsrc.
2) Time passes. (Doesn't it always?)
3) I cvs update my pkgsrc. schmonzlib has been updated to 2.0.
4) I try to install schmonzapp 2.0 from pkgsrc.
5) It fails because schmonzlib 2.0 is significantly different,
schmonzlib/buildlink.mk is for 2.0, but I have schmonzlib 1.0 installed.
Oughtn't schmonzlib's buildlink.mk get installed as part of the package?
That way we could be sure they were in sync.