Subject: Re: accepted way to integrate pkg and local rc.d like scripts ?
To: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/07/2002 23:05:52
On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 11:29:51AM -0800, Scott Presnell wrote:

> 	What is the currently accepted way to include pkg and local
> rc.d like scripts into a 1.5.X system? e.g.
>
> 	1) Add them or their directory to the rcorder line in /etc/rc?
> 	2) Add them only to rc.local and hope REQUIRES have been run?
> 	3) Other options?

I go with 4), slap the scripts into /etc/rc.d/ and add variables to rc.conf.

Aside from this, I also nullfs-mount /etc onto /usr/pkg/etc before building
any packages on a system, as some things want one, and some want the other,
and I have no patience for figuring out which is which. :)

--
     M a s o n   L o r i n g   B l i s s      mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep; https://acheron.ne.mediaone.net/