To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/02/2002 11:08:54
On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	Does anyone have any objections to disallowing
> Why not rip out the code altogether?
> It's there for a reason, after all...

	The code is there to stop people unwittingly compiling something
	without complying with the licence. I'd just like a knob to turn
	it off, useful for bulk building and similar.

	On a related note, if the current build is running interactively
	what would people think about switching the IGNORE to something
	along the lines of:

	${PKGNAME} has an unacceptable license: ${LICENSE}."
	    To view this license, type V then RETURN
	    To build this package automatically, add this line to /etc/mk.conf:

	If they hit V, display the license and ask if they accept it, maybe
	with an option to add the ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=${LICENSE}...

		David/absolute		-- No hype required --