Subject: Re: final testing: taylor-uucp package
To: Eric Schnoebelen <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/02/2002 09:57:14
On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
> 	The package looks pretty good, and builds just fine
> under NetBSD/sparc 1.4 (gack, I need to upgrade that box!)
> While installing it, I found that it needs to be updated to the
> `more modern' pkgsrc standards (namely, move everything from
> pkg to .)

> 	One thing that's missing: uucpd.
> 	Does it make sense to leave that in the base NetBSD
> system when there's not a supporting UUCP implementation?  I'd
> believe it should either be another package, or rolled in as
> part of this one.

It needs to be made into it's own package too.
I only saw it's not part of taylor-uucp when one of the recent security
patches was committed to the NetBSD repository... todo

> 	So, I'd recommend the package name be taylor-uucp, and
> the directory be one of comms/taylor-uucp or net/taylor-uucp (or
> perhaps sysutils/taylor-uucp?)

Yup, net/taylor-uucp and net/uucpd (eventually)

> 	I've installed it on my UUCP host, and the user level
> commands interoperate with the system daemon.  I haven't tried
> replacing the system provided uucico with the one from pkgsrc
> (yet), but I don't expect problems.

The interaction is always a problem... no idea on how to deal with that

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->