Subject: Re: Compilter workarounds in packages
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/29/2001 22:40:40
On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	a) Does this seem a reasonable option?
> > 	b) If so, can someoen suggest a cleaner way than the !=gcc... mush
> > 	   I'd prefer to avoid it being executed on non arm32 platforms...
>
> Make sure the pkg honours CFLAGS or so, then just set CFLAGS=-O0 ?
> In any ways, it would be good to document compiler workarounds in
> doc/HACKS.

	I've done that for a couple of other packages where the build
	system was too baroque to handle, but for libvorbis I only want to
	drop optimisation for that one file. I'm recording the fact its
	been worked around in HACKS, but maybe we should have another
	file listing hints on the best way to handle things like this?

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --