Subject: Re: pkgsrc & DEPENDS
To: Wayne Cuddy <wcuddy@crb-web.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/19/2001 11:04:03
On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Wayne Cuddy wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:29:23AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> >
> > You could even depend on two different packages, as
> >
> > DEPENDS+=	{pkg_a-1.2,pkg_b-2.0}:../../cat/pkg_a

> Here is what I am trying to do.  I have built a an xemacs package
> (xemacs-no-x) which does not require any X libraries to be on the system in
> order to be built/installed.  I based this package on the original xemacs
> package.
>
> I also built an xemacs-ispell-1.32 package.  I want this package to require
> either the original xemacs package or the xemacs-no-x package so I guess I
> need to do this some DEPENDS line.

I'll assume that the package doesn't depend on any particular version of
xemacs. So your condition can be expressed as

DEPENDS+=	xemacs-{,no-x-}[0-9]*

Also be sure that it doesn't inadvertently pull in any X stuff when
built against xemacs, so the binary package will indeed be usable for
xemacs-no-x users.

Frederick