Subject: Re: CVSing pkgsrc with PERL
To: Todd Gruhns Acct <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/16/2001 14:53:07
On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Todd Gruhns Acct wrote:
> I have decided to write a PERL script that will download/update
> the local pkgsrc tree, then index the less with glimpse.
> The prob here is that requires me to use a passwd
> to access the CVS server. How would one tell PERL to use the
> passwd "anoncvs" when logging into the server?

What password?

	juleila% env CVS_RSH=ssh cvs co src
	Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
	not be run on the server side.
	? src/.new.BUILDING
	cvs server: Updating src
	U src/BUILDING.mdoc

Use "env CVS_RSH=ssh cvs update" after the initial checkout.

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->