Subject: Re: dewey-conformity
To: Masao Uebayashi <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/09/2001 16:26:54
On 8859 xxx 2001, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> A possible resolution is that package version comparison functions
> (and other Pkgsrc related functions) are made into a library and let
> Perl scripts invoke these functions through some Perl
> modules. (

Whatever, as long as there's no code duplication.
A very simple solution would be to have pkg_admin do a pkg compare, and
call that then. Of course the shared lib approach will work too.

The patch below adds a command "pmatch" to pkg_admin that allows checking
if a pkg name matches a pattern:

	pkg_admin pmatch pattern pkg

On exit, the return code is set. I guess this can be used as an idea on
how to implement other things. Important thing is that we do not duplicate
the code!

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->