Subject: questions on python
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: James Chacon <jchacon@genuity.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/06/2001 00:33:58
I'm doing bulk builds on powerpc and there are 7 python packages which
fail right now:

./graphics/scigraphica
./graphics/py-gdchart
./math/py-Scientific
./net/py-soaplib
./net/py-xmlrpclib
./security/py-amkCrypto
./textproc/pyxml

All of these use python by setting USE_PYTHON=yes.

That fails though because that depends on pkgtools/python-mk which currently
won't let itself be packaged.

Then I see other python things like extension.buildlink.mk in the python
directory and a package using that.

Then some more use Makefile.inc from the python dir..

So, which method should one be using? It looks like the buildlink method
I'm guessing.

In both the buildlink and python-mk stuff they both check:

.if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "powerpc" || ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "mips" || ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "vax"
IGNORE="${PKGNAME} needs dynamic loading"
.endif

Why does powerpc claim it can't do dynamic loading? As far as I know the
powerpc has no problems with dlopen calls.

Just highly confused (and since I'm trying to get the failure list down on
my bulk builds fixing these would be nice).

James