Subject: AUTOMAKE_OVERRIDE=YES by default?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/02/2001 11:51:30
I am thinking of making AUTOMAKE_OVERRIDE default to "YES" in bsd.pkg.mk.
This triggers the target that touches all of the existing configure.in and
Makefile.am files so that the GNU auto* tools won't be invoked during a
"make build".  I think this is the correct behaviour for pkgsrc because
when packages do need autoconf/automake, they call them on their own as
part of a pre-configure target.  Can anyone see any problem with this, or
does anyone know of a package they maintain that relies on "make build" to
call the GNU auto* tools?

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>