Subject: Re: X11 packages
To: Johnny Lam <>
From: Torelli Paolo <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/30/2001 14:52:11
Johnny Lam wrote:
> > > Is there a way to install pkgsrc' X11-related packages (like window
> > > managers, browsers and such) in a subdirectory of the /usr/pkg?
> >   pkgtools/xpkgwedge
> Note that if you use this, that you have to compile your own X11 packages
> from pkgsrc.  The binary packages on assume that X11 packages
> go into /usr/X11R6.  Having said that, I've been using xpkgwedge for over
> a year now, and been quite happy with it.

Thanks for the pointers!
The constraint is not a problem since I always compile packages from
I guess the package has been renamed? According to the NetBSD site,
under pkgtools there is no such "xpkgwedge", and a "x11-links" seems to
do what you're describing. No error? Am I wrong? Is the site wrong? I'll
check when I'll get home anyway.

Thank you again!

I am the LraiseR. Ph34r .\\3