Subject: Re: pkg/7471 fix proposal: MASTER_SITES per DISTFILE
To: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/30/2001 11:50:11
On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 07:24:12AM +0100, Tomasz Luchowski wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:47:23AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > -MASTER_SITES+=		ftp://ftp.sbs.de/pub/graphics/ghostscript/pcl3/
> > +MASTER_SITES_hpdj-2.6.tar.gz=	ftp://ftp.sbs.de/pub/graphics/ghostscript/pcl3/
>
> Version number in variable name doesn't look very good to me, but yes, it's worth it!

I don't like the version numbers in the variables either, but I think
it would complicate the stuff too much if we tried to come up with a
regexp that gets us a 'better' variable name; after all, it's not that
a major part of the packages will use the functionality at all...

In the ghostscript case, the diff should probably be better like
	MASTER_SITES_${DMPRT_DRV}.tar.gz=	...
so that changing that variable gets us the updated distsite
automagically. Thanks for the note.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
Language is not neutral. It is not merely a vehicle which carries ideas. It