Subject: Re: package commits
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/28/2001 13:06:57
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, David Brownlee wrote:
> 		(eg: 'cvs ci doc/pkg-CHANGES pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkgchk')
> 	What would people think of making this the recommended method?
> 	Also - Greg Woods suggested including the category in the commit
> 	message to help people reading it find the package. I like the
> 	idea, but the above would probably render it unnecessary :)

 * our commit_message_script_gizmo doesn't handle vommitting to
   multiple repositories very well, and will create an empty subject: line
 * Which list will a commit to both repositories go? doc commits go to
   source-changes, and pkgsrc commits go to pkgsrc-changes by default.
   What happens if you commit to both at once? So far we were happy
   about two different commits/mails, as people not on pkgsrc-changes can
   still see what's going on in pkgsrc via the pkg-CHANGES commits.
 * doing two seperate commits will (usually...) put the category into
   the subject line -> request solved.

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->