Subject: Re: Adding 'See Also' information to pkgs
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@useless-ficus.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/27/2001 21:18:04
Martin Weber wrote :
| Sounds like a nice idea for me, but I guess it would be a real pain
| to maintain as packages are added or extinct;

Yes, no doubt it's the difficult part. As well as updating all existing
packages...

But removing a package is easy: you just have to grep other packages
and see if a SEE_ALSO references the package being removed. That can be
automatised without problem I think.

And adding a package to the repository... well... once all existing
packages have the information, the person who adds the package should
take a little more time to scan other packages, at least in the same
category... Life is hard :)

| reference teh new package as a SEE_ALSO [Package names are not always
| self-explanatory ;)]

:D sure!

| Buuut, I'd like the idea to easily have a pointer to an alternative.

Maybe I'll wait for a bit more feedback. Then, if people are happy with
this, I could start to update a few packages.