Subject: Please review: nbX => PKGREVISION
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/27/2001 05:04:45
I'd like to commit a patch to bsd.pkg.mk (and a couple of package ;-) that
gets rid of manually adding "nbX" to PKGNAME when a pkg was changed in
pkgsrc. Instead, a new variable PKGREVISION is invented that can get
bumped independent of DISTNAME and PKGNAME.

Example #1:

	DISTNAME=	foo-X.Y
	PKGREVISION=	Z
     =>	PKGNAME=	foo-X.YnbZ

Example #2:
	DISTNAME=	barthing-X.Y
	PKGNAME=	bar-X.Y
	PKGREVISION=	Z
     => PKGNAME=	bar=X.YnbZ (!)

On subsequent changes, only PKGREVISION needs to be bumped, no more risk
of getting DISTNAME changed accidentally.

The patch is available at:

	http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/pkgrevision.patch

Comments? Please review, as I'd like to commit this soon. Thanks!

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/