Subject: Re: pkg_create -L vs. @cwd
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/26/2001 19:18:28
cvs annotate is your friend.

The last line that changes that was revsion 1.704. However, the -L
part was added prior to that in 1.653. From the log of bsd.pkg.mk
for revision 1.653:

----------------------------
revision 1.653
date: 2001/01/29 01:56:51;  author: jwise;  state: Exp;  lines: +18 -14
As per discussion on tech-pkg, correct behavior of `make package' in the
case where DESTDIR is set.

Previously, if DESTDIR was set when a pkg was installed, $DESTDIR/var/db/pkg/+CONTENT
would get `@cwd $DESTDIR/$PREFIX', as would the +CONTENT archived in the
binary package.  The first is correct, the second is not.

Now, @cwd in the +CONTENT recorded in the binary package gets $PREFIX (no $DESTDIR).
This allows binary packages built into a DESTDIR to be installed on a
real system.  The @cwd in the installed PKG_DBDIR ($DESTDIR/var/db/pkg)
remains the same.

In addition, the full path ($DESTDIR/$PREFIX) is recorded in @src in the
binary package's +CONTENT, for reference purposes.

This patch is the same as that posted to tech-pkg, except that variable
names have been clarified as suggested by hubertf.

Regards,
Alistair