Subject: Re: ups-nut rc.d scripts
To: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/2001 20:25:27
> I'm not sure I understand your point.  The upsd script has one variable
> "upsd" controlling the start of two programs.  The upsmon script is simpler
> as it only needs to control one program, so it just looks like one of the
> other rc.d scripts in /etc/rc.d.

We could split that into two scripts and two variables. I have only two
systems which run upsd, but all run upsmon.

(I have two UPSs, and lots of computers connected to each. Only the computer
with a serial connection to the UPS runs upsd)

We must make sure that upsmon is run after upsd, if upsd is to be run.
I.e.: either upsmon is run alone, without upsd, or, if both are to be run,
upsd has to initialize before upsmon can connect to it.

So maybe one script, but two variables.

Martin