Subject: Re: ups-nut rc.d scripts
To: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/20/2001 12:38:10
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Johnny Lam wrote:

> 	I'm trying to improve the ups-nut rc.d scripts to the point that
> they may be automatically copied into /etc/rc.d without any harmful effects.
> That means that they must respect any rc.conf settings so that they don't
> automatically start unless the proper variables are set to YES.

That's taken care of by these lines...

> rcvar="upsd"

> rcvar="${name}"

[But, shouldn't you set them both to "${name}", for consistency?]

The only thing with that is, "rc" is going to complain if you fail to
set "upsd" and "upsmon" in "/etc/rc.conf". There really should be a
default (maybe in "/etc/defaults/pkg.rc.conf"??).

Frederick