Subject: Re: Wine & NetBSD? (fwd)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/17/2001 05:59:22
On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Tomasz Luchowski wrote:
> > > any takers for a package?
> > it it supposed to work on 1-5, or -current only?
>
> I don't know, maybe ask the original submitter of the patches which system
> he tried this with.

Wine won't run at all on netbsd-1-5 until the crt{begin,end} stuff is
pulled up, and the mmap thing hasn't even been committed to current yet.

I think it's premature to update wine-current (assuming that
whatever's in there now works for somebody), as wine is presently very
much development quality. By the time we can actually build and run it
on 1-5, maybe it'll be in better shape.

Frederick