Subject: Re: new news server pkg - some questions
To: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf@jellonet.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/16/2001 12:03:56
I hope that some modifications will be made soon by one of the
pkgsrc developers which will make the config file location issues
moot - and much more besides - I'll let him say more about it if
he wants to.

I don't particularly like packages which install things outside
${PREFIX}, but I think we all realise that sometimes there's no
way round it. So I think we'll just have to live with the message
about /var/spool/news.

I have no idea which uid/gid this should be running with.

Thanks for doing this,
Alistair