Subject: Re: IVtools package is AVAIL
To: Todd Gruhns Acct <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/16/2001 09:27:38
On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 10:46:36PM -0500, Todd Gruhns Acct wrote:
> HERE IT IS!
> To try the new ivtools package:
>
> http://www.ivtools.org/ivtools/NetBSD.PKG.IVtools.cpio
>
> I found a ./graphics/ivtools dir; unpack in that dir, and run make.
> It worked for me on a Pentium running NetBSD-1.5.2
>

> --
> Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the
> estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him. --Lord of the Rings

Whilst I haven't tried your package (I will soon), I took a look
at the ivtools software when you posted the pointer to it, with a
view to making a package of it. Unfortunately, it insists on using
imake with absolute paths, and so anyone using OBJMACHINE is going
to have a hard time (as I did), finding

	.../pkgsrc/category/ivtools/work.1/ivtools...

It was at that point that I gave up. I'll have a look at your package
to see how you got around the problem.

[Whilst I've got nothing against imake, whoever chose to use cpp
as a general macro processor was barking up the wrong tree. Or
maybe just barking.]

Regards,
Alistair