Subject: Re: running (DE)INSTALL scripts vs. noexec mounted /var
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/13/2001 12:45:01
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	We currently have a single package dir in /var/db/pkg - at the
> 	worst case the same mechanism should work as ${PREFIX}/db (or
> 	similar), with a little checking of code.

That's not the worst case, but the usual case.
You also have to think about cases where pkgs were installed in really
non-standard places (like someone installed a pkg that was compiled with a
custom LOCALBASE or X11BASE).

I'm not saying it can't be done, but some thought is appropriate.

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->