Subject: script for creating cvs commands from messages to pkgsrc-changes
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <sen_ml@eccosys.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2001 14:48:05
I wrote a perl script to parse messages to pkgsrc-changes to produce
cvs update commands meant to be run from /usr/pkgsrc.  Perhaps there
is already something like this already -- I'd be happy to be informed
of such a thing, because I can easily imagine it being better than
what I wrote ;-)

I use this by piping a message to it from my mailer to generate
appropriate commands and then I copy and paste them into a shell
window.  I've found it to be useful for messages that contain multiple
filenames from differing packages -- saves me some typing.

I've tested it w/ Mew and Mutt w/ some success.

If anyone's interested, it can be obtained from:

  http://mashin.nanoyo.net:81/pkgsrc/mail2cvs.pl