Subject: Something broken in my pkgsrc tree
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/07/2001 00:44:19
Hi,

Since the moving of PLIST/DESCR out of the pkg subdir to the parent
subdir, i'm unable to do a 'make install':

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mpeg2codec
# make
# make install
make: don't know how to make /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mpeg2codec/pkg/PLIST. Stop

make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mpeg2codec
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mpeg2codec
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mpeg2codec
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/mpeg2codec
#

(grmmmmbl)

# mv PLIST DESCR pkg
# make install
===> Registering installation for mpeg2codec-1.2
#

My pkg tree is updated daily via cvsup :

# cat ~/cvsup/ports.cvsup
*default host=cvsup.pasta.cs.uit.no
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
netbsd-pkgsrc

Before this problem the pkg system used to work ok. It seems the
update process miss some config files. I don't think it's a bug (hence
my post rather than a bug report) but a mess with my tree.

What is/are the file(s) responsible for this problem ?

(I've already deleted the /usr/port/mk tree, then cvsupped it again:
same punishment).

        Thanks in advance,
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1308530090 secondes