Subject: Re: pkg_delete refuses to execute +DEINSTALL
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/03/2001 23:02:07
[let's post followups to this to tech-pkg only please!]

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
>   # pkg_delete mutt
>   ./+DEINSTALL: permission denied
>   pkg_delete: deinstall script returned error status
> ktruss output is attached. it looks like /bin/sh is unable to run this script.
> when i tried to run it by hand as: sh ./+DEINSTALL, it ran correctly.

Output of "ktrace -id pkg_delete mutt" would be interresting to see.
I see no good reason for the deinstall to have permission denied, as it's
explicitly chmod +x'd before running.

What does "ls -la /var/db/pkg/mutt-*" give (when you have the pkg still

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->