Subject: Re: Darwin support added to pkgsrc
To: None <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/31/2001 13:06:59
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I've just added initial support for Darwin (1.4) to pkgsrc, with
> many thanks to Bill Coldwell for giving me the opportunity to do
> so.

Nice job...

As you probably know, there's a similar effort done by the Fink team
<>, which is based on debian packages.

Since the sources are the same (I regulary use tarballs from my
NetBSD/packages/distfiles/ local mirror), I think it would be a good
idea to join efforts of both teams.

Or at least, a little doc explaining how to port a NetBSD package to a
fink one and vice-versa, and how to use the same binary directory for
applications built from both methods, and, another idea springs into my
mind : register NetBSD packages into Fink database, and vice-versa.

Xavier HUMBERT  -  Systemes et Reseaux     |
INJEP                                      |