Subject: Re: Problem building gdk-pixbuf
To: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2001 20:35:00
Yup - but somehow /usr/pkg/bin/perl didn't exist even though the package
was registered.  The very first thing automake did was try to run perl,
and that failed, so automake just exitted.

Reinstalling perl has fixed the problem.  Still not sure how the perl
package could be registered but no eecutable found.  :(

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Johnny Lam wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 06:59:48PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> > Just updated pkgsrc via cvs a few hours ago, and tried to install
> > Mozilla.  It was merrily building all the various dependancies, and
> > then stopped in gdk-pixbuf:
> >
> > configure.in:112: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
> > cross compiling
> > env: /usr/pkg/bin/automake: No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 127
>
> So the obvious question is: does /usr/pkg/bin/automake exist?  Do you have
> a log of the build ouput so that we can see the lines preceding the error?
>
> 	Thanks,
>
> 	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |