Subject: Re: pkglint change
To: James Chacon <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/30/2001 22:29:27
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, James Chacon wrote:
> The package system takes patch-[a-z0-9]+ , not patch-* for the 2 make*sum
> rules to build distinfo files, so lint should only be excluding the same thing.

I'd expect patches to be named anything but *.orig to be ok, at least this
used to be the  case. I think accepting patch-* (excetp patch-*.orig) is
ok, and this shouldn't be restricted further - think of when we decide to
use pathnames for automatic patch generation, we can store the pathname
then (with s,/,_,)

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->