Subject: Need testers for strongly-buildlinked KDE2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/28/2001 00:28:03
I need testers for a strongly-buildlinked KDE2 package.  The packages may
be found at:

	http://jgrind.org/~jlam/kde2-buildlink-packages.tar.gz

If you decide to do the test build, you will need to pkg_delete kdelibs and
everything that depends on it, then enter x11/kde2 and run "make".  If you
are able to test, especially on an a.out platform, please reply to me
directly.

Just to let you know what you'll be getting yourself into: building all of
KDE2 takes about a day on my PIII-650MHz laptop with 512MB RAM.  The alpha
to which I have access has been building KDE2 for the past 2 days and is
about half-way done.

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>