Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/mtr
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG, woods@weird.com>
From: None <sen_ml@eccosys.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/27/2001 10:31:54
From: woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 19:34:58 -0400 (EDT)

> Most of my personal systems are used/surplus or built from spare parts.

That's pretty much the same case for me too.

It's much easier to do this for architectures that are or were popular
though.  I haven't found it particularly easy to do this for the more
esoteric ones.  Also consider machines that have been donated for
development purposes -- I didn't get the impression that these machines
came in pairs ;-)

> In commercial ventures the cost of a development/test(/backup) system is
> just one of the costs of doing business with computers.  You get what
> you pay for!  ;-)

I agree.  Skimping in this area justs delays, often multiplies, and
almost always increases the total cost over time.