Subject: Re: final testing: taylor-uucp package
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/2001 22:54:20
[ On Saturday, October 27, 2001 at 03:07:53 (+0200), Hubert Feyrer wrote: ]
> Subject: final testing: taylor-uucp package
>
> BTW, I'm not sure under which directory and package name to commit this
> package. Choices I see are
>
>  1) pkgsrc/comm/taylor-uucp
>  2) pkgsrc/comm/uucp

I always find it's infinitely better in the long run to name things with
their primary functional name first, and any variant identifier
following, so in this case:

	comm/uucp-taylor

That way all the "uucp" packages will sort together (not that there's
likely to be any other in this case! :-)

There's some (though unfortunately not yet 100%) precedent for this in
pkgsrc, such as all the language interpreter sub-packages, and things
like net/radiusd-cistron (net/radius needs to be renamed net/radiusd-merit).

--
							Greg A. Woods