Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/mtr
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/2001 02:41:02
[ On Thursday, October 25, 2001 at 23:14:30 (+0200), Alistair Crooks wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/mtr
>
> When this happens, I am not at all amused.

Ah, but then you easily see the merits of doing planned builds of binary
packages!  ;-)

(I personally always want to build everything from source, so I always
roll my own binary packages, but I'm sure many folks would be well
enough with just "official" binary packages, particularly if they were
signed and assured to be of high integrity.)

> I don't know if I speak for anyone else here, but I could certainly
> do without this extra baggage being installed.

I never install any additional build tools on any of the systems where I
don't do software development (eg. production mail servers, whatever).

--
							Greg A. Woods