Subject: Re: Package Design Issues...
To: None <iharding@pakrat.com>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/23/2001 21:10:34
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 iharding@pakrat.com wrote:

> I have built a package for aolserver that works great.  I have two issues with it that
> I would like to iron out before I submit it and I need a little guidance...
>
> 1.  How do I conditionally delete logfiles on deinstall?  I am not a shell scripting
>     genius, so some help on how to write the PLIST line for this would be appreciated.

what do you want to condition on?  With a log file (like config files),
you may actually want to let the user decide if they want to remove it or
not.

> 2.  I created a separate package for a module under aolserver.  It too works great, but
>     if the system has both PTL (which I use) and pth (which I don't) it blows up.
>     The module package needs to have ${PREFIX} added to configure args so it can find
>     openssl libs and includes.  Well, while it does find them, it also finds conflicting
>     copies of thread libs.  PTL puts its stuff in /usr/pkg/PTL, while pth litters up
>     the main ${PREFIX}/lib and /include with it's stuff.  Is there any way to get around
>     this?  It seems unacceptable to just make my package CONFLICT with pth.

the buildlink stuff, see pkgsrc/Packages.txt, should handle this if I
understand buildlink correctly.  I haven't had a chance to read that
carefully myself yet though so I could be wrong.

-Dan