Subject: Re: pilot-link.0.9.5 compile failure
To: Eric Jacoboni <>
From: Johnny Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/23/2001 16:33:04
On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:27:51PM +0200, Eric Jacoboni wrote:
> Johnny> The above line is confusing.  It appears you have some
> Johnny> packages installed into /usr/pkg, and some into /usr/local.
> In fact, /usr/pkg is a symlink to /usr/local...

Details like this should be given up-front.  The link command line is
definitely incorrect for someone with everything installed into either
/usr/pkg or /usr/local, so I picked the most obvious explanation for
what could be wrong.

In your case, updating libtool-base should fix what is wrong.  The
following changes to libtool-base were made on 4 Oct 2001:

revision 1.26
date: 2001/10/04 07:58:02;  author: skrll;  state: Exp;  lines: +10 -1
There is only one system library path: /usr/lib. Don't include /lib and

Discussed with Johnny Lam <> and Bernd Ernesti

Problem reported by Jeremy C. Reed <> on tech-pkg

Your libtool is finding cruft in /usr/local, specifically the libtool
archives in /usr/local/lib, which causes build failures due to the way
the package is built (using buildlink).

	-- Johnny Lam <>