Subject: Re: pilot-link.0.9.5 compile failure
To: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/23/2001 16:33:04
On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:27:51PM +0200, Eric Jacoboni wrote:

> Johnny> The above line is confusing.  It appears you have some
> Johnny> packages installed into /usr/pkg, and some into /usr/local.
>
> In fact, /usr/pkg is a symlink to /usr/local...

Details like this should be given up-front.  The link command line is
definitely incorrect for someone with everything installed into either
/usr/pkg or /usr/local, so I picked the most obvious explanation for
what could be wrong.

In your case, updating libtool-base should fix what is wrong.  The
following changes to libtool-base were made on 4 Oct 2001:

----------------------------
revision 1.26
date: 2001/10/04 07:58:02;  author: skrll;  state: Exp;  lines: +10 -1
There is only one system library path: /usr/lib. Don't include /lib and
/usr/local/lib.

Discussed with Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org> and Bernd Ernesti
<veego@netbsd.org>

Problem reported by Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net> on tech-pkg

Your libtool is finding cruft in /usr/local, specifically the libtool
archives in /usr/local/lib, which causes build failures due to the way
the package is built (using buildlink).

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>